Sunday, February 04, 2007

Developments, 2007

What a strange month for the beginning of 2007. Relating to professional development, I’m noticing a high increase in development skills and a low increase in academic achievements. Back at UWIC, academics are at the up most as expected it’s a university after all. I really need to find out how to swing this research paper my way, its not going to look good if I don’t. The question that keeps running around in my head is how can I explain something that doesn’t exist, every time I talk about my project I get this strange blank confused look from most people, I tried to outline how I got from A to B with the research proposal but think I lost everyone before I got to A. Maybe the line of communication needs to be cleared.

Any way back to my development skills, I’m currently developing my project site with in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with a bit of Visual C#. The amount of control I have obtained is astonishing and the results I’m getting are also very impressive.

Actually hang on this might make some sense.

Question for my self…

Why am I using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition to develop a site, when I have a small time frame?

The Answer…

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition allows me to develop application for the .net framework. As far as I’m aware this also plugs directly into the WPF/E Platform (I keep shouting about). If for some unknown reason the .net applications cannot be run within WPF/E, I have the Visual C# to fall back on which plugs directly into XAML which is used to develop most WPF/E applications. So why would I bother with any of this, well basically I have good reason to believe the WPF/E platform has the possibility of becoming a main stream format for interactive media, mainly online interactive media.

Also I’m developing skills within:

Augmented Reality (SDK)
Microsoft Expression Blend
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft Visual Studio: C# 2005 Express
Microsoft Visual Studio: Visual Web Developer 2005 Express ASP.NET
Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF/E, XAML & .Net3)

Now I’m presuming who ever just read that, is thinking what the hell. But I really need to develop these skills in order to become competitive within industry, and more importantly to produce something that doesn’t exist. Well apart from the Augmented Reality (SDK) that’s just for fun!

Any way thanks for reading my random rambling and you’re more than welcome to ask questions or give comments, use the john@reaction-one.com.