Thursday, March 15, 2007

EPP - Business

We were recently asked to visit some banks and retrieve information relevant to opening a business after university. I have retrieved information in this area in the past and come to relise the only reason a business would be needed was to employ someone else. Other than that I can declare my self employed and declare tax plus get a part time job. However this suits my personal needs. I skipped quickly between HSBC and Barkley’s. I really wanted to see the attitudes towards the students by the bank. I joined Mark and Logan in HSBC then quickly run to Barkley’s to meet Paul and Nigel. HSBC where very informative relaxed compared to Barkley’s, I’m still not sure exactly why this is but HSBC always seem clued up on investing in Business. I have a meeting soon with HSBC to discuss possible account options for being self employed, I might add the resulting information to the elements blog. Apart from that I was more than impressed with the meeting place after our little adventure around the city. The Plaza hotel café, will have to arrange a talk to someone there about my project.